Mount Sinai Comprehensive Cancer Center’s high quality of care has been recognized by several awards. Recent highlights include:
- The Outstanding Achievement Award from the Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons in March 2012. This is the third consecutive time the Mount Sinai Comprehensive Cancer Center has received this award. We are the first hospital in Florida to receive this recognition and only one of 36 hospitals nationwide, which puts us among the top .15% of all accredited cancer programs in the country.
- In February 2012, Mount Sinai Medical Center and the Mount Sinai Comprehensive Cancer Center received full accreditation for the radiation therapy oncology practice from the American College of Radiology and the American Society for Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology.
- In 2011, the American College of Surgeons' Commission on Cancer granted a three-year accreditation to the Mount Sinai Comprehensive Cancer Center. This accreditation distinguishes cancer centers for their quality in the areas of cancer committee leadership, clinical services, research, community outreach, quality improvement and cancer data management.
- Lila and Harold Menowitz Comprehensive Breast Center was the first center in Florida to be accredited by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC).
- The American College of Radiology has designated the Lila and Harold Menowitz Comprehensive Breast Center as a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence as a result of its focus on service, research, technology and expertise.